Here’s a little simple and quick week night recipe for you. It’s absolutely packed with protein and good fats, tastes delicious and is vegetarian for all you veggies out there. I’ve used Quorn chicken pieces simply because they are so easy – all you have to do is heat them in the microwave for 5 minutes.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time (potatoes only): 45 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1/2 bag of frozen Quorn chicken pieces
- 1x tub of 0% Total greek yoghurt (170g)
- 1x ripe avocado
- 1/2 bunch of spring onions
- 2x large potatoes or 4 smaller ones
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Teaspoon of mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C (gas mark 4), rub vegetable oil into the potato skins and sprinkle on some rock salt. Put these in the oven (if you have a partner who gets in from work before you – get them to do this!). You could of course microwave cook the potatoes, but I like the crispy skin.
- Heat the Quorn chicken pieces in a covered dish in the microwave for 5 mins (from frozen) and allow to cool.
- Watch your favourite TV show or go for a 30-minute run.
- Chop up the avocado, into bite-sized chunks and chop the spring onion reasonably finely.
- Mix the yoghurt, mustard, paprika and seasoning together with the avocado, spring onion, and Quorn chicken pieces.
- Stuff into the potatoes and there you have it – a mega quick, tasty and healthy mid-week meal.