– Lovely bright sunny day
– Little boy at mile 2: “Mummy, some people are sweating already!”
– Seeing a lady up ahead wearing head to toe Sweaty Betty thermals
– Completing it in 2 hours even though nearly died from heat exhaustion
– Seeing a man dressed head to foot in blue lycra and pointing out that he had matching trainers (apparently even men in Brighton don’t colour coordinate)
– Awesome pink bling!
– Unseasonably hot weather when all my training has been in cold weather
– Dressing like a ninja on a hot day = big sweaty mess
– Not eating breakfast or packing any gels
– Not checking the train times and having to grovel to my dad to give me a lift
– Two spectators commenting that they would run it in under 2 hours – go on then!
– Last minute change of plans meaning missed a meeting with friend
– Looking like I’m standing still in nearly all my race photos
Did you do the Brighton half last week? What did you think?