I’ve been very lucky over the last few weeks with lots of amazing presents, exciting things to look forward to and cool new gadgets to try out. There are so many things I thought I’d lump them all in to one post.
- Rich’s parents got me a lovely WorkPlay hydration backpack for my long training runs and I cannot wait to try it out.
- My second new gadget is one I treated myself to – it’s a TomTom multi-sport watch for running (road and treadmill), swimming and cycling. So far I am really pleased with it and I’ll be reviewing it in more detail shortly.
- The first trip I have in store is a weekend in Exeter for the Rock Solid Race immediately followed by a week in the Algarve on a running training camp with Full Potential. Think private beaches, coastal trail runs, track sessions and sports massages.
Source: Full Potential.
- I’ll be staying for a weekend in Edinburgh (my first time there!) for the Edinburgh half marathon.
- Once again we are heading up to the lakes in June (my favourite part of the UK) this time to stay in Keswick for the Karrimor Great Trail Challenge for the second year running (last year’s race report here).
- The next big trip is to Russia in July to climb Mount Elbrus. We’ll be staying in Moscow for one day and then heading to the Caucasus mountains (on the border with Georgia) to climb the tallest mountain in Europe.
Think -20 degC, crampons, ice axes. It’s going to be awesome!
- Finally, we are hoping to squeeze in a yoga, kayaking and hiking retreat in Montenegro later in the year.
To say I am a lucky girl is an understatement. Exciting times ahead!