So for the last couple of weeks I’ve been focussing on training for the Oxford Half Marathon on 13th October. The holy grail for me is to achieve a sub 2-hour half marathon. Last year I ran in 2 half marathons – the Brighton half and the Eastbourne half. My fastest time was 2 hour 10 – I would absolutely love to beat that!
So the week before last I managed to get in 26 miles of training, including 2 new PBs (5k and 10k), a slow 8 miler and a speed session. Last week I only managed a 10-mile run as I was actually on a work trip to Hong Kong (hence the picture) and had no time to train. So what are my plans for this week?
– Monday: 5k run (26.22). Helped me sleep like a log and get over my jet lag! 🙂
– Tuesday: Speed training session
– Wednesday: Pilates and cycling
– Thursday: Cycling and running club
– Friday: Pilates class in the morning and a 15k run at race pace (5.3k/min)
– Saturday: Park run – aiming for a fast one
– Sunday: Rest