So what have I been up to? As always there have been lots of changes and lots going on, hence my absence again. I will be back here more frequently soon, promise!
Last year I did a lot of road races and collected a LOT of race bling, but this year it’s all about trail running with a few new road races mixed in for good measure. I am in love with my Saucony Peregrine trail running shoes – they are really comfy and I don’t get any foot pain with them.
So what have I been up to and what have I got planned?
1 and 2. I’ve been back running again – clocking up some fast (for me) 5ks in the week and longer runs at the weekend. Last weekend I did 10 miles and today I’m off running over the Oxfordshire countryside (5k) and a long run tomorrow (11+ miles). Running is feeling good again and not a chore.
3. I’m having a photo shoot done in London for my blog with a friend of mine who’s an amazing photographer. Should be fun!
4. Looks like I’ll be running my own beginner’s running club as Cherwell council have kindly funded a space for me to do my Leadership in Running training. If you live in Oxfordshire and want to start running do get in touch. It’s for complete beginners with no running experience.
5. I am off on holiday to Crete in May – hoping to get some running in too. Should be a good challenge as Crete is extremely hilly. I am so looking forward to a break at the moment as work has been pretty busy.
6. My next race is the Nike ‘We own the night‘ 10k on 18th May. I’m hoping for a PB – under 57 minutes would be wonderful.
8. In September, I’m running in the Shere 40k challenge – that’s 40k over the surrey hills! I’ve done a lot of walking around there, but this will be a huge challenge. If you fancy joining in, you can enter here.
9. This year I’ve also decided to run in the Oxford half marathon. I love 10 miles and half marathon distance (probably my favourite), and it should be a good course to run around. Certainly lots to look at!
I am planning to get in a few other smaller races too, but nothing else confirmed. I need to re-stock the bling rack. 😉
Happy running people! What has everyone else got planned for the rest of the year?
Coming up on zi blog:
– Sports bra review
– Fitbug review