I’m all about the free stuff, especially as sometimes exercise can be really expensive so here are my favourite free things:
- Park run – It’s a timed 5k, it’s free and it’s fun! What more do you need? These are run throughout the country in various parks across the country and start at 9am every Saturday morning. I think they are great anyway and I use them to try and improve my speed over long distances.
- Running clubs – There are more running clubs these days than you can shake a stick at, but Nike now do them and if you look carefully I am sure you will find a free running club in your area. I think this one in Bermondsey is a great example. If you really can’t find one, then start your own by asking friends on Facebook and Twitter.
- Physio – Take advantage of the free physio advice (first come, first served) at Runners Need.
- Free gym passes – why not tag along with a mate of yours to their local gym and blag some free passes or ask if you can have a trial run at a gym? If you don’t ask you don’t get?
- You tube exercise videos – you tube is a great resource for yoga and exercise videos.
- iMapMyRun+ App – there are others like this too, but this maps your running distance (via GPS), pace, and also provides a detailed map.
Next up, fitness gadgets that I can’t live without!