I’m trying to be less of a bah humbug and get into the Christmas spirit. Here are some of the cool things I’ve added to my Christmas wish list to cheer me up:
Money’s no object
- I would absolutely love to sort out my running style to turn me from a stampeding elephant into a beautiful graceful gazelle with a full course of Running Technique sessions with the running school. At the moment they are doing a 7 for 6 offer for Christmas.
- I would love to have a fitness assessment done – I think it would be really interesting to know what my VO2max is and if/how I can improve it. Prices start at £59 for a VO2max assessment at the London Metropolitan University.
Under the tree
- I really ‘need’ some new lightweight and fast road trainers (my beloved New Balance ones need retiring). I would go for these On Running Cloudsurfers or Adidas Boosts in the vein hope that with these beauties under foot I may actually shave some time off my 10k PB.
- With all the marathons I have coming up next year I really need a back pack to carry bits n pieces and water for the long runs so something like this Work Play women’s hydration backpack would be great.
- I’ve got a couple of naff really thin yoga mats, but I want a decent thick one that rolls up and has a strap. I have my eye on this Sweaty Betty yoga mat.
- I am totally in love with this running jacket from H&M too after seeing Leah with it. Gorgeous isn’t it and a total bargain at £34.99.
- I am totally lusting after this Clara Tee from Lexisport.
- My medal rack is literally overflowing and I would love a customised ‘Dashing Diva’ rack from these guys.
- I really need to get on my bike properly and what better way than to take some lessons. These lessons in Bicester are free. Check the web to see if there are similar lessons in your area.
- Race entry is also a brilliant present, especially for an overseas race. I have too many races on my wish list to mention!
- Every runner spends a small fortune on sports nutrition so why not make it a gift? Here are my favourites:
- I love this Apres sports recovery hot chocolate, especially at the moment after coming in from a cold run.
- Everyone loves a cookie right? I absolutely love these My protein double chocolate cookies and the best thing of all – they are low in carbs and high in protein.
- These Progress 8 sports snacks are delicious – they are made with natural ingredients, high in protein and they come in a selection box so that you can try all the flavours.