I don’t really know the answer to this, but looking at the huge pile of supplements I take daily I’m starting to wonder if I am a little obsessed with them myself. Let’s look at the evidence.
On a daily basis I take:
- 1 multivitamin and iron – because running can leave you anaemic.
- 1 x calcium and vitamin D – for bone strength.
- 1 x yohimbe HCL – mild antidepressant and for fat loss.
- 1 x l-arginine – for its anti-anxiety properties.
- 1 x conjugated linoleic acid – to increase lean muscle mass.
- 2 x glucosamine and MSM – for joint health.
- 1 x green tea extract – to increase metabolic rate.
- 1 x cissus – for ligaments.
- 1 x Omega3 fish oil – overall health.
- 3x HMB 3x a day (when I remember!) – increase lean muscle mass.
I also have a protein shake after every workout. Now that is a LOT of supplements!
Do you take any supplements? If so, which ones do you take?