So yesterday was another arm workout and a 1min 20 sec plank. On the final day, as Juneathon comes to end, I’ve looked back on it and thought I’d share with you a few things that I have learned over the last 4 weeks:
- Exercising every day is great and blogging about it is a real motivator.
- If you’re not feeling up to a run or full on workout, do a plank or some weights.
- If you’re really not feeling it, listen to your body and rest (hence why I did nothing for days 26 and 27).
- I have arm, shoulder and ab muscles appearing (whoop, whoop)!
- Jillian Michaels is a tyrant, but what a great little DVD 30-day shred is! I like it as it’s short sharp bursts, it’s only 20 minutes and you never get bored.
- Workout DVDs are not to be sniffed at and if you are going to give any a try, Jillian Micheals and Davina DVDs are great.
- I’m back at Parkrun nearly every Saturday (apart from today!) and really enjoying it.
- Sunday races are great, especially if you go for ones that are not local to you (Leatherhead rotary 10k and Bognor Regis 10K) as you get to see the local area and a change of scenery.
- Working out every day is definitely possible as long as you mix it up a bit and don’t over work the same muscle groups.
- Juneathon rocks and I will definitely carry the same principles with me into July and August ahead of my Mont Blanc climb.
I hope you’ve enjoyed Juneathon as much as I have?