So let’s recap – just over a year ago I posted on my blog a list of 40 things to do before I’m 40. I reminded myself of that list again today and I’ve actually ticked off a huge chunk of things without even realising it.
1) Run a marathon – done last April
Brighton marathon 2012
2) Learn to speak French – epic fail. I did start to learn Polish though.
3) Train to become a personal trainer – started, but not really done much. I have got my qualification to be a running coach though – does that count?
5) Complete a triathlon – not a priority at the moment
6) Wear a bikini – done, done done!
7) Go to Venice – done July 2012
8) Get a six pack (stomach not beers!) – not done, but fairly happy with my stomach
9) Have a photo shoot done – done May 2013
10) Buy a pair of Christian Louboutins – one day!
11) Set up my own business – done
12) Climb Mount Elbrus, Russia (5642 metres)
13) Trek in the Simian mountains in Ethiopia (4543 metres)
14) Go on safari – later this year
15) Climb Everest (8848 metres) – not sure how realistic this one is!?
16) Learn to rock climb properly – on the list for this year
17) Finish doing up my house – not applicable now
18) Practise yoga at least once a week – fail
19) Walk the length of the South Downs Way (100 miles) – one day
20) Climb Aconcagua, Argentina (6962) – got some other mountains in mind, not this for now
21) Visit Italy – done July 2012
22) Get into a size 8 – i’m working on this now!
23) Take a creative photography course – maybe next year?
24) Learn to love myself more – ongoing
25) Go back to Kilimanjaro (5895 metres) and actually reach the summit – not on the list for this/next year
26) Go free diving
27) Get my pilot’s license
28) Have a picnic in the Ashdown forest
29) Run a 5k in 25 minutes or under – this will be done this year for sure!
30) Read one book a week – read some books lately, but not one a week
31) Visit Yosemite National Park – not on the list
32) Visit the Fat Duck
33) Go to a fancy dress party
34) Visit Sheffield Park Gardens
35) Learn to paraglide – maybe this year?
36) Give a presentation without having a panic attack beforehand – ongoing
37) Realise that if I can even think about doing 4, 12, 15 and 25 then giving a presentation is easy!
38) Make more friends, especially those who like me for who I am – working on it this year!
39) Learn to play tennis – hmmm, unlikely
40) Write a book – starting this year
What’s on your list?